Window mapping w/EXA really slow in Xorg 7.2

Joel Feiner jafeiner at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 05:32:17 PDT 2007

Jeeze, I need to learn how to use gmail, folks.  Sorry for sending emails
directly to people on this list instead of to the list itself.

Alright, I built the entire X.org system from git (which was somewhat
painful, but not altogether terrible) and the problem seems to have gone
away.  I'm not sure why I was getting the regressions with the Gentoo
provided X-servers.  I should note that I was able to the build the X server
from git before but I still had these problems.  It's only now that I've
built the very latest version along with all the other junk that the problem
has gone away.