Khronos group, OpenGL ES/miniglx/EGL?

ZeAtShuttle zelco at xtra.co.nz
Wed Apr 18 19:59:19 PDT 2007

hi,

>"Please read spec OpenGL, OpenGL ES, EGL..."

i did try, im just stupid for it, reading about ES spec did not answer question about hardware dependancy, about availabilty and quality of drivers or do they exist at all, do i want to use them and why, whats the speed gain compared to OpenGL on same hardware... i dont think the specs can answer these questions, because, i believe, that heavily depends on particular implementation of it for particular hardware, in other words its about drivers.. again

EGL spec.. yes, that would help, where is it?

why do i feel im not welcome here?
do you suggest that my questions are not appropriate here?
i maybe have failed to read some 'rules', please advise?

>"..also look at all previous attempts to get rid off X, i am confident we can say they all failed."

im sorry, you dont seem to understand, its about *embedded* window system, there is no embedded X, even less OpenGL based one, so its clear - i want to produce, not replace or 'get rid off'

i dont mean to distract busy people doing more important, real work,
im only asking for DIRECTION, you dont have to give me a ride, or go into trouble to answer my questions.

how do i:
- talk to this Linux community?
- find if im not trying to do what already has been done?
- gather people to work on a project?
- find about project and join/help some project?

in short, where do i find about - "..sharing data is a first step towards community"?
IBM Linux ad: http://youtube.com/watch?v=EwL0G9wK8j4

if not here, thats ok, just tell me where then, please?

and just a note on - "find if im not trying to do what already has been done?"

beside all my questions,
i did come here with information that no one else seem to knew about, simply, i wanted to "share the data"

now, if you would rather people use EGL that has ".. been in limbo for a while"
or
use miniglx which ".. is a hack.  It filled a specific need when it was created.."

than ok, but if you dont want to re-write what has already been written(possibly better) than im happy i could have helped by making it EASY for others to SEE, experiment and then decide if its worth using or not

i can not SEE how EGL, miniglx, fbdev/dri works, it has not been made easy, and therefore i've come here to ask for help, which i, kind of regret, as people are so keen to jump and say how my project sucks and is not "real work"

if someone did this 3 years ago, EVERYTHING could have been different, maybe quite a bit actually, just how many people "wasted" their time to "come up" with something that was long ago written and was only a mouse click away? i've learned this lesson long time ago - 1st find whats best on the net, then try to do it better, otherwise you would likely be wasting your time..

http://www.scitechsoft.com/ftp/snap/linux/readme-x86.txt

Linux based OpenGL development system without X
http://one.xthost.info/zelko/opengl.html

cheers,
zelko