[Linux-fbdev-devel] Radeon X300, radeonfb, dual head

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Wed Apr 18 06:45:31 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 14:09 +0200, Hans-Jürgen Koch wrote:

> 1.) I compiled radeonfb statically into my kernel and booted with
> video=radeonfb:1280x1024-32 at 60. This works fine, the framebuffer
> console works as expected. But the X server doesn't come up
> properly. Xorg.0.log ends like this:
>
> [...]
> (**) RADEON(0): RADEONSaveScreen(2)
> (**) RADEON(0): FIFO timed out: 2 entries, stat=0x80026102
> (EE) RADEON(0): FIFO timed out, resetting engine...

Please file a bug for this at http://bugs.freedesktop.org if it hasn't
been reported yet. Does this also happen if you don't enable the DRI?

> 2.) I compiled vesafb statically, radeonfb only as module. If I boot
> with vga=0x318, the framebuffer console works as expected. The
> X server starts up, Xorg.0.log looks good (except that DRI is disabled).
>
> But when kdm comes up, I see the same picture on both monitors. What I
> see looks like the right half of the 3360x1050 desktop (mouse can be
> moved across the left border of the screen, stops at the right border).
> Both screens are driven properly with 1680x1050. I tried several
> modifications of my xorg.conf, but never managed to get different
> images on the two monitors, they always show the same.

[...]

>         Option          "MonitorLayout" "TMDS,TMDS"

The driver doesn't support this combination yet, and it doesn't match
your setup anyway. What happens if you comment out this option or change
it to "CRT,CRT"?