libXcomposite DocBook/man page draft for review

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Tue Apr 17 20:41:56 PDT 2007

I've taken the Composite Extension spec and the Xcomposite header,
put them in a blender set to puree and then tried to figure out
how to pour it into a DocBook/xml man page mold.

I've attached both the xml doc and a plain text version generated
via "xmlto man ; nroff -man | col -b" - please review for both
technical accuracy and my use or abuse of DocBook/xml refentry
formatting.

For actual delivery, I'm thinking for now of making the "xmlto man"
step a dist-hook so that only those releasing tarballs or working
off git sources need to have a working xmlto install - does that
sound reasonable to everyone?

(BTW, I noticed that there appears to be no API in libXcomposite
  for the coordinate transformation requests added in Version 0.4.
  Is this right?   Is everyone using these implementing the protocol
  marshalling themselves or is no one using these?)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com