Self appointed censors

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Sun May 21 09:19:48 PDT 2006

On Saturday 20 May 2006 23:06, Jon Smirl wrote:
> It would be nice if the article was restored to it's normal URL at
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~jonsmirl/graphics.html so that the
> linked web pages will work. The article has also been cited in
> multiple papers. If the 'unfreedesktop' can't make that happen I have
> posted a copy here: http://jonsmirl.googlepages.com/graphics.html

Ah, so in the nine months since publicly hissy-fitting away from X, you've
finally found alternative hosting.  Hooray, you win an apache Redirect line.

people.fd.o is not, and has never been, intended as permanent archival space.

> Free software gets it's life from donations, in my view the wisest
> course is to graciously accept all gifts and then find the nugget of
> gold in each one.

The martyr act got old long ago.  Knock it off.

Also:
http://sean.chittenden.org/humor/www.plausiblydeniable.com/opinion/gsf.html

Also: "its".

- ajax