Xorg configuration

Samuel Dadi bkndadi at yahoo.com
Sat May 13 04:28:32 PDT 2006

Hello every body,
I am a new comer to FreeBSD as well as Xorg. Currently
I have installed a FreeBSD release 6.0 on my packard
Bell EasyNote B AMD mobile sempron laptop. But I faced
difficulty to startup graphic environment. I installed
Xorg, XFree86, KDE3 and much more. I configured Xorg
and coped the edited xorg.conf to /etc/X11/ directory.
But when I tried to test it(Xorg -config
/root/xorg.conf.new) the system automatically reboot
rather than goining to the grapic environment. The
only way I can get GUI is by using the option
6(prompt) during start up and write the command
pnpscan( for plug and play scanning) and continue
starting. Then after it starts startx normally and I
can go further to startkde without problem. So if any
body can help me to start graphical environment by
normal default startup I am happy .

Samuel Dadi
Graduate school of telecommunications and information
technology
Addis Ababa
Ethiopia