Porting xorg 6.8.x driver to xorg 7.0.0

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Tue May 16 11:03:54 PDT 2006

On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 04:46:58PM -0700, Konduru, Chandra wrote:
> I am working on porting our xorg 6.8.x video driver to xorg 7.0.0
> release. Can someone give resources or documentation where to start? I
> googled for this info and got
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/x/xorg7.html. But this
> link does provides some information but doesn't have much detailed
> information how to build my old driver in new environment.
>
> Any help is really appreciated.

There's no real documentation, but there are a couple of things to bear
in mind:
  * you need to convert to autotools -- take the basic framework from a
    simple driver such as xf86-video-newport,
  * you need to change all #include "foo.h" of installed X headers, to
    #include <X11/foo.h> or #include <X11/extensions/foo.h>, as
    appropriate.

Cheers,
Dainel