Improving Xorg

Andy hornett83 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 28 08:48:20 PDT 2006

>I have volenteered in the past to provide a build system with less
>source packages. Not to replace the current one's - but to
>supplement it.

  When Xorg made the announcement about modularisation I was hoping that there might be some kind complete tarball published for every major release.

  I was also hoping there would be some kind of configuration system perhaps like the Linux menuconfig where one could simply choose a build path, which modules to build, compiler options, and so on.

  Would this be feasable to implement? Is anything like this currently available?

  Regards,
  Andy.