Improving Xorg

conon troll at arach.net.au
Wed Jun 28 08:55:46 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 28 June 2006 23:48, you wrote:
> >I have volenteered in the past to provide a build system with less
> >source packages. Not to replace the current one's - but to
> >supplement it.
>
>   When Xorg made the announcement about modularisation I was hoping that there might be some kind complete tarball published for every major release.
>
>   I was also hoping there would be some kind of configuration system perhaps like the Linux menuconfig where one could simply choose a build path, which modules to build, compiler options, and so on.
>
>   Would this be feasable to implement? Is anything like this currently available?
>
>   Regards,
>   Andy.
I am currently debugging a 5 source package autoconf system to trial.
XorgDocs
XorgLibs
XorgApps
XorgXserver
XorgFonts

I was looking for comments/suggestions about these - I did post my
script/autoconf scripts - but got no repy to them. ( They turned out
to have a couple of hidden bugs that I am cleaning up as I write)

They will have the ability to compile some libs/apps/drivers/fonts.

--
regs conon