Improving Xorg

conon troll at arach.net.au
Wed Jun 28 07:47:27 PDT 2006

I have noticed that recently ther have been more and more requests
for help from users attempting to compile X.org from scratch.

In the past I have attempted this discusion in totaly the wrong way
I admit.

If I have offended anybody - I apologize - My only excuse was
frustration.

I beleive that operationaly X.org is a more superior platform than
XFree86

But I would like to know what the reason was to split the source
packeges up so far.

While developers and packagers may love this format - others dont.

I have volenteered in the past to provide a build system with less
source packages. Not to replace the current one's - but to
supplement it.

I beleive that more and more users will try to build their own
versions and will want a more build freindly method.

I would like to have a proper freindly discusion about this.

--
regs conon