LIB_MAN_SUFFIX problem

Donnie Berkholz dberkholz at gentoo.org
Fri Jul 14 11:09:11 PDT 2006

Brian Paul wrote:
> Donnie Berkholz wrote:
>> I'd strongly recommend using your distribution's packages if possible,
>> for everything except what you're actually developing. Most
>> distributions have added modular X to at least their testing or rawhide
>> branches by now. Does yours not have modular X yet?
>
> Well, I'm using RedHat FC3.  Are you talking about the usual X-related
> RPMs that come with the distro or other packages that correspond to the
> new git repositories?

The usual RPMs. I think FC5 came with 7.0 on it, but someone who
actually uses it could correct me. Fedora's rawhide has all the latest
stuff in it including stuff released from git and even a few unreleased
things, Gentoo's the same for the former.

I've got live git/CVS stuff in my Gentoo overlay, I don't know if anyone
has the same kinda stuff for any other distro.

Thanks,
Donnie