LIB_MAN_SUFFIX problem

Felix Kühling fxkuehl at gmx.de
Thu Jul 20 17:21:40 PDT 2006

Am Freitag, den 14.07.2006, 08:00 -0600 schrieb Brian Paul:
> Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> > Brian Paul wrote:
> >
> >>The larger issue I'm having is a lack of concise documentation for
> >>getting everthing from git and building from scratch.  I'm slowly
> >>piecing it together through trial and error.  I'm presently building
> >>each git package/project one by one by hand.  I haven't figured out how
> >>to use the build scripts yet.
> >

> > I'd strongly recommend using your distribution's packages if possible,
> > for everything except what you're actually developing. Most
> > distributions have added modular X to at least their testing or rawhide
> > branches by now. Does yours not have modular X yet?
>
> Well, I'm using RedHat FC3.  Are you talking about the usual X-related
> RPMs that come with the distro or other packages that correspond to
> the new git repositories?

Doesn't really matter where it's coming from, as long as it's modular
and you have the development packages installed for headers and
pkgconfig files. I'm using Ubuntu Dapper, which comes with Xorg 7.0. For
building the latest ATI driver I needed to download and build these
modules from git:

proto/compositeproto
proto/fixesproto
proto/glproto
proto/scrnsaverproto
xserver
driver/xf86-input-keyboard
driver/xf86-input-mouse
driver/xf86-video-ati

Regards,
  Felix

--
| Felix Kühling <fxkuehl at gmx.de>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |