Wiki

Egbert Eich eich at suse.de
Fri Jul 14 02:20:43 PDT 2006

Russell Shaw writes:
 > Hi,
 > I made an account on http://wiki.x.org/wiki/UserPreferences.
 > Next time i tried to log in (a few hours later), it wouldn't
 > work, so i got it to send me the password. The password i got
 > was 30 characters of garbage. I pasted it in the password box
 > and now it says "This user name already belongs to somebody else".
 > I know what causes X11R7.1 to not compile and how to make it work,
 > but no-one's going to see that when http://wiki.x.org/wiki/UserPreferences
 > doesn't even have a login button (the Login link in the top right corner
 > reloads the page and empties all the text boxes).

Right. Login isn't done thru the UserPreference page any more.
The new Moin themes should contain a button that opens

http://wiki.x.org/wiki/?action=login

The UserPreference page is strictly for changing preferences of
users which are logged in or create new accunts. Thus the message.

The themes need to be updated along with the wiki version.

Egbert.