GL, x.org 6.9, and missing TrueColor visuals

timwoj at ieee.org timwoj at ieee.org
Wed Jul 5 15:53:07 PDT 2006

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006, Eric Anholt wrote:

> Unfortunately, the server version that gets reported in xdpyinfo wasn't
> bumped for the 7.1 release.  It's now 7.1.99.2 in git, as of a couple of
> days ago, but before that it was 7.0.0.0.

I figured it was something like that.

I went back and looked at the log again to see if maybe I missed
something, and I did.  Must have scrolled right past it.  I should have
just grepped :P

(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x23
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x25
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x27
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x29
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2b
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2d
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2f
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x31

Those correspond to some, but not all, of the TrueColor visuals listed in
xdpyinfo.  A couple of them correspond to DirectColor visuals as well.

Tim