GL, x.org 6.9, and missing TrueColor visuals

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Mon Jul 17 08:44:26 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 17:53 -0500, timwoj at ieee.org wrote:

> I went back and looked at the log again to see if maybe I missed
> something, and I did.  Must have scrolled right past it.  I should have
> just grepped :P
>
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x23
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x25
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x27
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x29
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2b
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2d
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2f
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x31
>
> Those correspond to some, but not all, of the TrueColor visuals listed in
> xdpyinfo.

Is it all of them listed by glxinfo? That would probably explain why the
test program fails. FWIW, most real world apps just seem to attempt to
continue with the default visual in this case.

If you aren't running Mesa CVS yet, you could try that, as some people
reported that at least some of these issues have been fixed there.