GL, x.org 6.9, and missing TrueColor visuals

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Wed Jul 5 15:36:15 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 11:46 -0500, timwoj at ieee.org wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Jul 2006, Michel Dnzer wrote:
>
> > Well, is it 7.1 or git now? :) The fixes I made are only in xserver git.
> > Again, they are only relevant if the two machines have different byte
> > orders though. FWIW, your test program works fine running on an AMD64
> > machine displaying to a PPC machine here. If your machines are both
> > little endian, there may be an incompatibility between the Solaris
> > client side and X.Org server side GLX code.
>
> It's git (although the version in xdpyinfo still says 70000000 :\ ).  And
> I'm guessing it might be the latter, though I can't figure out why it
> would have regressed.  The code that snippet is from used to work with
> older versions of XF86, but since I upgraded to suse 10.1 (which came
> X.org 6.9) it's stopped working.

Unfortunately, the server version that gets reported in xdpyinfo wasn't
bumped for the 7.1 release.  It's now 7.1.99.2 in git, as of a couple of
days ago, but before that it was 7.0.0.0.

I've got some fixes I'm planning to push to the xserver 1.1 branch, at
which point it would be nice to cherry-pick any other stability fixes,
bump the server version and roll a 1.1.1.

--
Eric Anholt                             anholt at FreeBSD.org
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com