GL, x.org 6.9, and missing TrueColor visuals

timwoj at ieee.org timwoj at ieee.org
Wed Jul 5 09:46:58 PDT 2006

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> Well, is it 7.1 or git now? :) The fixes I made are only in xserver git.
> Again, they are only relevant if the two machines have different byte
> orders though. FWIW, your test program works fine running on an AMD64
> machine displaying to a PPC machine here. If your machines are both
> little endian, there may be an incompatibility between the Solaris
> client side and X.Org server side GLX code.

It's git (although the version in xdpyinfo still says 70000000 :\ ).  And
I'm guessing it might be the latter, though I can't figure out why it
would have regressed.  The code that snippet is from used to work with
older versions of XF86, but since I upgraded to suse 10.1 (which came
X.org 6.9) it's stopped working.

> You may also want to look for related messages in the X server log file,
> e.g. something like
>
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x23

Nope, no error messages in there of any sort.

Tim