Latest Xgl code

Rich Wareham rjw57 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 9 02:16:58 PST 2006

Christopher Bayliss wrote:
> David Reveman wrote:

>>> I managed to build the kdrive code on my x86_64 under Ubuntu. I had to
>>> comment out an assert that kept crashing when the server was initialised
>>> ( Mesa/src/mesa/drivers/x11/xm_api.c line: 1223 ) I have no idea if this
>>> is a 64 bit problem or not.
>>
>> yes, I'm pretty sure this is because xserver/include/config.h which
>> contains the _XSERVER64 define isn't included. The config.h in the Mesa
>> tree is included instead. I solved this in my tree by modifying the Mesa
>> sources, not that good. I guess it works in Xorg tree because it has a
>> dix-config.h instead of a config.h. We need to do something similar in
>> the kdrive tree.
>>
>> You don't have this problem if you use my tarboll, right?
>
> Yes it compiles and runs. I've been building the xorg/xserver
> xserver/xserver and tarball trees with varying degrees of success.
> Outside a chroot only your tarball works. The others complain about
> glPolygonOffsetEXT being an undefined symbol. I put this down to me
> using nvidia's drivers.

I think it is because the kdrive CVS has been updated since the tarball
drop. To get my copy to compile and, more importantly, run with the
nVidia drivers after the CVS update I had to replace the table in (IIRC
xglxext.c - grep for glPolygonOffsetEXT) with the '#if 0'd version.

This is almost certainly not the 'right thing to do' TM :).