Latest Xgl code

Christopher Bayliss bayliscg at baylisscg.org
Sun Jan 8 15:49:52 PST 2006

David Reveman wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 00:02 +0000, Christopher Bayliss wrote:
>
>>David Reveman wrote:
>>
>>>xserver seams to be working OK. I'll check on x86_64 later tonight as
>>>well. There were some problems with _XSERVER64 not being define when
>>>building mesa sources and I had to go through some trouble making that
>>>work in my tree. I want to make sure that's not a problem again...
>>
>>I managed to build the kdrive code on my x86_64 under Ubuntu. I had to
>>comment out an assert that kept crashing when the server was initialised
>>( Mesa/src/mesa/drivers/x11/xm_api.c line: 1223 ) I have no idea if this
>>is a 64 bit problem or not.
>

> yes, I'm pretty sure this is because xserver/include/config.h which
> contains the _XSERVER64 define isn't included. The config.h in the Mesa
> tree is included instead. I solved this in my tree by modifying the Mesa
> sources, not that good. I guess it works in Xorg tree because it has a
> dix-config.h instead of a config.h. We need to do something similar in
> the kdrive tree.
>
> You don't have this problem if you use my tarboll, right?

Yes it compiles and runs. I've been building the xorg/xserver
xserver/xserver and tarball trees with varying degrees of success.
Outside a chroot only your tarball works. The others complain about
glPolygonOffsetEXT being an undefined symbol. I put this down to me
using nvidia's drivers.

>>Most things seem to work xcompmgr transset and mplayer with -vo xv.
>>Blackbox and fluxbox happily ran inside it.
>

> The above problem usually breaks GLX support so give glxinfo a try.

It claims to be mesa not Nvidia.

>>There is something wrong with the -vbo option. Things are drawn properly
>>but artefacts build up as bits of the display aren't cleared when
>>something is moved. Areas get written over with black sometimes.
>>
>>The keyboard *sometimes* doesn't work. I always get a warning about XKB
>>but sometimes I get either garbage or nothing when I type.
>

> I've seen this too but it never happens for me when running fullscreen.

Full screen didn't sort it but turning on xcompmgr did. Running transset
.75 on a window slowed it down to a crawl and reintroduced bits not
drawing. Killing any windows with modified alpha fixes it.For the record
I was using :1 -ac -vbo -fullscreen