Latest Xgl code

Rich Wareham rjw57 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 4 02:08:48 PST 2006

Christopher Bayliss wrote:
> David Reveman wrote:
>> xserver seams to be working OK. I'll check on x86_64 later tonight as
>> well. There were some problems with _XSERVER64 not being define when
>> building mesa sources and I had to go through some trouble making that
>> work in my tree. I want to make sure that's not a problem again...
>
> I managed to build the kdrive code on my x86_64 under Ubuntu.

I also managed to get it working under Ubuntu (just plain ol' x86 this
time) along with patched Mesa and glxcompmgr. Is it worth my time fixing
up glxcompmgr (e.g. to make it work with some non-metacity WMs like
blackbox) or should I wait until David's snazzy compositing manager is
available?

> The keyboard *sometimes* doesn't work. I always get a warning about XKB
> but sometimes I get either garbage or nothing when I type.

I also get the errors but the garbage is due to sticky modifier keys
(i.e. Alt being depressed over the Xgl window and released elsewhere).
If you get garbage just press a load of modifiers over the window.

--
Rich