compiz wobbly windows bug(?)

Anders Storsveen wakko at generation.no
Fri Feb 24 12:24:35 PST 2006

I've noticed I've had some problems apparently missing what I'm clicking
when using wobbly windows. I think I'm clicking on a menuitem like edit,
but accidently move the window as if I missed it and hit the titlebar.
However after doing this excessively and when I'm really sure I didn't
miss it, I began thinking the window was drawn a little off. As in there
being a small discrepancy between the position at which the window is
drawn and what position it actually has.

However I think I have found a way to "prove" it accidently, when a
window is maximized it can't be moved around, however when I click on
the titlebar the window wobbles, but if I hold it and try to move it
doesn't work, since its maximized. Here is the kicker though, even
though it cant be moved it sometimes wobbles a little so that it
actually moves on the screen, and my theory is that it hasn't moved, but
the wobbling actually moves it. If i click it again it sometimes moves
back into position.

Am I just crazy, or might this be a fact? is there like a check that it
actually wobbles into the right position?