[SCM TRANSITION] Re: Proposal: move Randr protocol and library to git

Egbert Eich eich at suse.de
Wed Apr 19 01:47:42 PDT 2006

Daniel Stone writes:

 > > Is there a point in that if you make the same change to every driver
 > > you do this in a separate commit?
 >
 > No, but by the same token, there's no hard requirement to do it all in
 > one commit, especially when it touches so many files and ChangeLogs, and
 > in different ways if you count version changes etc.

Hm, I'm not sure if I can follow your line of arguments.
I'm only talking about changes of identical nature (which would
probably receive identical ChangeLog entries).

 > > How about the bugzilla triage? If you extend the driver API and make
 > > every driver in our code base take advantage of this would you go as
 > > far as making it a requirement to file every (contextually identical)
 > > change as a separate ticket?
 >
 > No, I wouldn't go as far as to say that, particularly if you don't open
 > a bug for it in the first place, and just do it instead.

I personally would like to see a ticket opened (and referred to in
the Changelog) but would be very happy with just a single ticket even
if we touch different modules.
This would help to add some background information to the issue which
would otherwise clutter the changelog.

Cheers,
	Egbert.