[SCM TRANSITION] Re: Proposal: move Randr protocol and library to git

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Wed Apr 19 00:23:03 PDT 2006

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 10:12:14AM +0200, Egbert Eich wrote:
> Daniel Stone writes:
>  > > At least with CVS as currently set up you can do this all with one commit.
>  > > This is because drivers/ is the super module of all individual drivers.
>  > > If the changes are related - as in your case - this should not be considered
>  > > a policy violation.
>  >
>  > I, for one, would very much like it if it were.
>
> Is there a point in that if you make the same change to every driver
> you do this in a separate commit?

No, but by the same token, there's no hard requirement to do it all in
one commit, especially when it touches so many files and ChangeLogs, and
in different ways if you count version changes etc.

> How about the bugzilla triage? If you extend the driver API and make
> every driver in our code base take advantage of this would you go as
> far as making it a requirement to file every (contextually identical)
> change as a separate ticket?

No, I wouldn't go as far as to say that, particularly if you don't open
a bug for it in the first place, and just do it instead.

> Can the bugzilla be made scriptable?

Well, yes, theoretically.