[SCM TRANSITION] Re: Proposal: move Randr protocol and library to git

Lars Knoll lars at trolltech.com
Wed Apr 19 02:28:08 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 08:33, Egbert Eich wrote:
> The only additional work required is to modify the ChangeLogs of each
> driver. This can be automated by hacking the prepate-Changelog.pl script.
> Apart from this there is no more work than in a situation where we kept a
> number of drivers in a single module.

If we're already talking about ChangeLogs: I don't really see the need for
them anymore with a decent version control system as git. The ChangeLogs we
have only duplicate the commit messages. Since git gives you atomic commits,
it's more or less trivial to autogenerate a ChangeLog from the revision
history.

Cheers,
Lars