configure options for XGL and compiz

Colin Guthrie xorg at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Apr 16 08:07:09 PDT 2006

Ioannis Nousias wrote:
> the xgl installation has introduced 2 header files in my root directory:
> exa.h and randrstr.h, so not that bad :P Does everything work fine if
> --disable-xorg is not used? If that's the case then we can ignore it.

Ahh not that bad then :)

Works for me without --disable-xorg, but I guess it will take longer to
build. I also have a patch that does something to fbcmap stuff (I forget
the specifics) that may be triggered when not using the --disable-xorg
option, so there could be a problem both with and without the option :)

I reckon that the configure system should be fixed to either:
  1. Not install the two headers when running the make install of an xgl
build... or
  2. Define the sdkdir for xgl builds and put them in the right place.

I'm happy to patch, but don't know which is correct. David/someone can
you offer any idea?

> as for the mesa installation of the static libraries and headers, yes
> you are right, it's not needed for compiz or xgl form that matter. I'll
> remove it.

Cool

Col.

--