GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at fi.muni.cz
Sat Apr 15 15:42:57 PDT 2006

Hello,

I have i915GM card and I tried to play with compiz. However, it complains about
no GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap.

However, using glxinfo, I can see that such extension exists in
server glx extensions:
    GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating,
    GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap,
    GLX_OML_swap_method,
    GLX_SGI_make_current_read, GLX_SGIS_multisample, GLX_SGIX_hyperpipe,
    GLX_SGIX_swap_barrier, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig
and
client glx extensions:
    GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_import_context,
    GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_MESA_allocate_memory,
    GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer, GLX_MESA_swap_control,
    GLX_MESA_swap_frame_usage, GLX_OML_swap_method,
    GLX_OML_sync_control,
    GLX_SGI_make_current_read, GLX_SGI_swap_control,
    GLX_SGI_video_sync,
    GLX_SGIS_multisample, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
    GLX_SGIX_pbuffer,
    GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group,
    GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap

but it does not exists in OpenGL extensions.

What does this exactly mean?

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek