configure options for XGL and compiz

Colin Guthrie xorg at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Apr 15 15:31:28 PDT 2006

Ioannis Nousias wrote:
> There is a great amount of suggested (or even mandatory)  configure
> option for Xgl, to have a successful build.
> I suggest the inclusion of an "INSTALL" text file in CVS under xserver
> xgl-0-0-1 branch or make those the default (if not already done so).
> Same applies for compiz.
>
> I found some suggestions by David Reveman in this link:
> http://www.qdh.org.uk/wordpress/?p=24
>
> which for xgl looks like this:
> ./autogen.sh --enable-xgl --disable-xorg --disable-xprint --enable-glx
> --enable-dri --with-mesa-source=/source_folder/mesa
> --with-release-snap=1 --disable-dmx --disable-xvfb --disable-xnest
> --enable-xglx --enable-xkb --disable-kdriveserver
> --prefix=/install_folder/Xgl

When I use these options, the make install fails for me as it tries to
install headers (e.g. xrandr.h) in / (I run all the build as a normal
user thankfully otherwise my / would be messy by now!)

I traced this down to the fact that --disable-xorg in configure.ac does
not define $sdkdir variable. I made a simple patch that defined it, but
I'm not convinced I did it the correct way. Perhaps someone could have a
look where --disable-xorg is concerned?? Happy to post my patch if
requested, but like I say I think it's wrong.

> in the same "letter" David suggests having a build-in Mesa libGL.a
> (indirect and static) for compiz:
> ./autogen.sh --prefix=/install_folder/Xgl
> --with-gl-libs="/source_folder/mesa/lib/libGL.a -pthread -ldrm"

I cannot get this to work. When I compile Mesa with "make
linux-x86-64-static" it does not compile all the necessary stuff into
libGL.a e.g. GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap I've only had success with
"make linux-dri-x86-64" personally.

Col.

--

|     Colin Guthrie      |