Issues building latest CVS tree

Matthieu Herrb matthieu.herrb at laas.fr
Wed Sep 7 13:20:55 PDT 2005

Matthieu Herrb wrote:
> Sergio Monteiro Basto wrote:
>
>> Well I test last CVS with xc/Changelog
>> 2005-09-07  Dave Airlie  <airlied at linux.ie>
>>
>>     * lib/GL/mesa/shader/grammar/Imakefile.inc:
>>     * lib/GL/mesa/shader/slang/Imakefile.inc:
>>     Fix build bustage for Mesa (Alex Romosan)
>>
>> and fixed this problem for me.
>>

> This is not enough if you're building unshared libraries.
> The default libraries rules still generate incorrect paths to the
> unshared subdir:
>
> Assembler messages:
> FATAL: can't create
> unshared/../../../../../lib/GL/mesa/shader/grammar/grammar_mesa.o: No
> such file or directory
> *** Error code 2
> Stop in /local/xenocara/xorg/build/lib/GL/mesa/shader/grammar.
> *** Error code 1
>
> And the definitions of UOBJS in the patch is useless. MESA_GRAMMAR_UOBJS
> is only used to define other *UOBJS variables. But these are never
> actually used by imake.

ok. ditch this remark. UOBJS is used. It was failing somewhere else,
because some definitions in Imakefiles where wrong (cut/pasto's).

See <https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=3197> for a new
patch that merges Alex Romosan's patch.

I intend to commit this soon if no one objects, as this finally seems to
be what the original author intended to do.

--
Matthieu Herrb