Issues building latest CVS tree

Matthieu Herrb matthieu.herrb at laas.fr
Wed Sep 7 13:02:59 PDT 2005

Sergio Monteiro Basto wrote:
> Well I test last CVS with xc/Changelog
> 2005-09-07  Dave Airlie  <airlied at linux.ie>
>
>     * lib/GL/mesa/shader/grammar/Imakefile.inc:
>     * lib/GL/mesa/shader/slang/Imakefile.inc:
>     Fix build bustage for Mesa (Alex Romosan)
>
> and fixed this problem for me.

This is not enough if you're building unshared libraries.
The default libraries rules still generate incorrect paths to the
unshared subdir:

Assembler messages:
FATAL: can't create
unshared/../../../../../lib/GL/mesa/shader/grammar/grammar_mesa.o: No
such file or directory
*** Error code 2
Stop in /local/xenocara/xorg/build/lib/GL/mesa/shader/grammar.
*** Error code 1

And the definitions of UOBJS in the patch is useless. MESA_GRAMMAR_UOBJS
is only used to define other *UOBJS variables. But these are never
actually used by imake.

And this still doesn't answer the question why does these objects need
to be duplicated in every lib ? one instance in libGL should be enough,
given that all auxilliary libraries depend on libGL anyways.

--
Matthieu Herrb