composite on G5

Rene Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Sun Jan 23 14:24:38 PST 2005

Hi,

Michel Dänzer wrote:

>>Also, I couldn't quite figure out how to tell 'make' to compile the
>>XServer in 32-bit mode.
>

> Not sure either, might be as simple as pointing it to a 32 bit compiler,
> or maybe a full cross-build is needed.

Normally you have a bi-arch compiler with multilib support. And a 2nd
set of libraries in either /lib32 or (if you normal library dir is
/lib64) /lib. But you need this second set of 32bit libraries (libc
whatever X links to) to build 32bit software on 64bit systems and then
just pass -m32. However, normal systems normally lack the 2nd set of
libraries.

Yours,

   René

--
René Rebe - T2 Project <http://www.t2-project.org>
             Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)