savage dualhead support for xorg

Sérgio Monteiro Basto sergiomb at netcabo.pt
Mon Sep 27 14:49:05 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 17:54, Alex Deucher wrote:
> Patch against xorg cvs:
> http://www.botchco.com/alex/xorg/xorg-savage-dualhead.diff

Hi!
This patch correct xv video drive on xine, cool !
But switch video mode, still have the same problem. In 800x600 the image
shrink correctly in fullscreen. But "viewport" still 1024x768, so when
we move the mouse to the right bound of the screen, the view moves but
we see a breaked image, is one sort of repetition of the left.

This tests was made on my S3 twister-k with Xorg-6.8.1 and only with
savage drive updated from cvs.

cvs -q -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/xorg update xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/savage

Still with drm code from trunk drm cvs of Sep 14. Should I update drm
from trunk cvs?
Well I still working in kernel-2.4 because all servers that I admin
still in kernels-2.4.
I am a little afraid to update drm because seems, by normal course of
the projects, developing is only on kernel 2.6 and after this is made
one back-port to kernel 2.4, if it is possible.

thanks,
--
Sérgio M. B.