savage dualhead support for xorg

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 15:42:05 PDT 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:49:05 +0100, Sérgio Monteiro Basto
<sergiomb at netcabo.pt> wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 17:54, Alex Deucher wrote:
> > Patch against xorg cvs:
> > http://www.botchco.com/alex/xorg/xorg-savage-dualhead.diff
>
> Hi!
> This patch correct xv video drive on xine, cool !

I'm not sure how that would have happened since I didn't change any of
the streams code for twisters.

> But switch video mode, still have the same problem. In 800x600 the image
> shrink correctly in fullscreen. But "viewport" still 1024x768, so when
> we move the mouse to the right bound of the screen, the view moves but
> we see a breaked image, is one sort of repetition of the left.

Once again, This patch shouldn't have any affect on
non-MX/IX/Supersavages chips.

> This tests was made on my S3 twister-k with Xorg-6.8.1 and only with
> savage drive updated from cvs.
>
> cvs -q -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/xorg update xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/savage
>
> Still with drm code from trunk drm cvs of Sep 14. Should I update drm
> from trunk cvs?

This patch has no effect on 3D at all.

> Well I still working in kernel-2.4 because all servers that I admin
> still in kernels-2.4.
> I am a little afraid to update drm because seems, by normal course of
> the projects, developing is only on kernel 2.6 and after this is made
> one back-port to kernel 2.4, if it is possible.

I've used savage on both 2.4 and 2.6, although at the moment I don't
have any 2.4 machines to test on.

Alex