savage dualhead support for xorg

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 09:54:55 PDT 2004

I've finally gotten my initial savage dualhead patch for xorg
together.  Dualhead is supported on MX/IX and supersavage mobile
chips.  There are a few loose ends I still need to tie up, but the
code has been pretty solid in the testing I've done, but it can't hurt
to get some more, especially if you have a supersavage.  I've included
the code for enabling the second hardware cursor and the second video
overlay however, neither of those works at the moment so they are
disabled for right now. Those will be sorted out eventually.  For now
HW cursor and overlay only work on crtc1.  after this is applied I'll
work on merging my savage MergedFB tree so you can enjoy dual head and
3D.

Patch against xorg cvs:
http://www.botchco.com/alex/xorg/xorg-savage-dualhead.diff
savage binary: