kernel 2.6.9-rc2-mm2 vs glxgears

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 21:36:37 PDT 2004

AGP 8x vs 4x is off little realworld value, with gears you will see
absolutely no difference so it probably isn't that... you can easily
get 8x, set your Xorg.conf file to have agpmode 2 instead of 4 .. I
think it works for me ...

I asked you on lk but you never answered or I didn't see it, but what
does 2.6.8.1 do? Linus clean kernel no -mm patches.. also 2.6.9-rc2...
I've barely enough time to track Linus, Andrews kernels are way to
experiemental for doing work on ...

Dave.