New libXvMC wrapper.

Thomas Hellstrom unichrome at shipmail.org
Tue Sep 21 16:42:25 PDT 2004

Hi!

Sérgio Monteiro Basto wrote:

>Hi ,
>I read somewhere in this tread, that this wrapper might work with Savage
>drive, I still have the source for xvmc from VIA savage drive but never
>worked in earlier versions of X, and I don't know if ever works , but I
>like to try this wrapper on my laptop.
>
>So what I have to do? to try it out? :)

You'd need the savage XvMC code from http://www.linux.org/~alan/S3.zip
and the savage DRM from dri.sourceforge.net.

However, the wrapper is a convenience lib for packagers and player
developers. You need to make
the player link to either the savage XvMC lib _OR_ the wrapper lib, but
the wrapper won't make
it easier for you to make it work.

I've never heard of anybody making savage XvMC work, though.

/Thomas