New libXvMC wrapper.

Felix Kühling fxkuehl at gmx.de
Wed Sep 22 03:30:27 PDT 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 01:42:25 +0200
Thomas Hellstrom <unichrome at shipmail.org> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Sérgio Monteiro Basto wrote:
>
> >Hi ,
> >I read somewhere in this tread, that this wrapper might work with Savage
> >drive, I still have the source for xvmc from VIA savage drive but never
> >worked in earlier versions of X, and I don't know if ever works , but I
> >like to try this wrapper on my laptop.
> >
> >So what I have to do? to try it out? :)
> >
> You'd need the savage XvMC code from http://www.linux.org/~alan/S3.zip
> and the savage DRM from dri.sourceforge.net.

The Server-side code is already in Xorg CVS. But it's not working yet.
The server reports that HwMC is enabled, but nobody managed to get it
actually working with a client.

> However, the wrapper is a convenience lib for packagers and player
> developers. You need to make
> the player link to either the savage XvMC lib _OR_ the wrapper lib, but
> the wrapper won't make
> it easier for you to make it work.
>
> I've never heard of anybody making savage XvMC work, though.

It's not working. I don't think anyone is actively looking into it right
now. In fact I'm going to commit something to the DRM soon that will
break it even harder. ;-) Though that will be easy to fix once someone
decides to look into it.

Felix

| Felix Kühling <fxkuehl at gmx.de>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |