Locales for Indic languages

Leon Ho llch at redhat.com
Sun Oct 17 21:15:28 PDT 2004

Exactly. The point of this bug entry is:
- Some of the applications/libraries require X to recognize the locales
correctly before it starts working. (i.e. IIIMF input method framework
with XIM bridging. It is the only way that can make IIIMF input methods
work for KDE/Qt at the moment. However it depends on X Locales)

Minor point:
- By not confusing users to show warning messages when using some
libraries/application that's supporting Indic.

One thing to note is that currently Xorg does include Hindi and Tamil
locales, so IMHO it is make sense to add Bengali, Gujarati and Punjabi
to at least cover all major Indic language locales.

Regards,
Leon