XKB error message with Xorg-6.8.1

Sergey Udaltsov sergey.udaltsov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 14:22:40 PST 2004

> That error message usally really means "libxklavier got confused, but
> likes to blame X for no good reason."   Rarely does it actually indicate
> a problem anywhere outside libxklavier.
Thanks Alan for a good reference:) - but it seems to be wrong. In my
bug-fixing experience this in most cases (well, on linux/xorg
platform) means broken xorg.conf/XF86Config or some particular broken
layouts (hu,ca,...). Though I did not do much bugfixing on commercial
platforms - so your mileage may vary.

Lorincz, could you please file a bug in the GNOME bugzillla (agains
gnome-control-center) so I could help you with the investigation.
Thanks.

Sergey