Old and new CVS repositories are available via rsync

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Sat Nov 27 05:40:48 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 00:31 +0100, Roland Mainz wrote:
> Are the old data from october still available somewhere ? I didn't
> verify the content of the STSF CVS and the old (and now obsolete) Xprint
> CVS yet - and todays attempt to do a checkout failed like this:
> -- snip --
> > rsync -avz freedesktop.org::compromised-cvs/stsf .
> @ERROR: chroot failed
> rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (34 bytes read so far)
> rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(342)
> -- snip --

CVS is now chrooted, and lives in /srv/cvs.freedesktop.org.  For
projects that haven't verified their
repositories, /srv/cvs.freedesktop.org/cvs/projectname will contain the
data from 15th Oct, and /home/cvs-old/cvs/projectname will contain the
post-compromise data.  For projects that have
verified, /srv/cvs.freedesktop.org/cvs/projectname will contain their
current data.