Radeon 9200 hangs: How to debug?

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Fri Nov 12 09:13:24 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 06:05, Randall Nortman wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 12:08:07AM -0500, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> > So, have you tried whether disabling RenderAccel works around the hangs?
>
> No, but I'll do that now.  Given that the hangs are unpredictable, I
> won't know if it's worked until it either hangs again or keeps running
> for about 3 weeks straight, which I think is longer than I've gone
> before without a hang.  I'll be sure to play ut2k4 at least an hour a
> day in order to encourage another hang -- all in the name of improving
> free software, of course! ;)

If you've been having issues with ut2k4 (or ut2k3, ut, or any program
that uses anisotropy), you should look into using the Mesa DRI drivers,
because there are known issues with the r200 DRI version in X.Org
causing hangs.

Eric Anholt                                eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at FreeBSD.org
           Thank goodness for the 22nd Amendment