[Xorg] New committer process?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Jun 14 15:03:27 PDT 2004

Around 20 o'clock on Jun 14, Alan Cox wrote:

> Or booby trap the repository.

That falls under the "damage" heading...

> CVS acls can help a lot here - you can limit people to drivers they are
> supposed to be hacking on (which also helps avoid accidents). I'd be
> happier with ACLs, if only because I'll know I can't actually trash
> someone elses work.

Our current CVS setup has people running cvs over ssh through separate
accounts on freedesktop.org.  That means the repository itself is writable
by all cvs users.  While cvs may respect acls, I'm not sure how to set
things up to prevent people from just editing the repository directly.

Is there some setgid/setuid (yuck) mechanism I'm unaware of?  Or should I
be using some other repository access mechanism?

-keith