[Xorg] New committer process?

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Mon Jun 14 18:42:25 PDT 2004

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:03:27 -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
> Is there some setgid/setuid (yuck) mechanism I'm unaware of?  Or should I
> be using some other repository access mechanism?

One thing I do on a CVS server I run is to put the following into the
users' .ssh/authorized_keys file, just before their key public key.

no-pty,no-port-forwarding,no-X11-forwarding,no-agent-forwarding,command="/usr/bin/cvs --allow-root=/cvs server"

This lets the users have CVS access with no shell account. It seems to
work fairly well, but would then require the CVS repository to be
separate from the machine where users do need shell access.

I got that setup from the following page which has several other useful
hints:

	http://ioctl.org/unix/cvs/server

-Carl