[Xorg] Dynamic mouse accelaration

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Mon Jun 7 07:24:57 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 05:22:31PM +0300, Ely Levy wrote:
> > > maybe it should be in a diffrent package, but then again maybe all other
> > > weirdly licensed code should be in diffrent packages as well.
> >
> > It is a real problem.
> >
> > We (Debian) contacted all the contributors -- I believe Warren Turkal
> > did this one -- and we couldn't get on to one.
>
> I'm know it couldn't be relicensed cause one of the developers disappeared
> I'm asking what's wrong with adding a GPLed code to the release?
> either in the main package with the GPL license saying this specific
> thing in under GPL(like done with some other drivers and their licenses)
> or in a diffrent package.
>
> I don't see any point against puting it with all the rest
> not even for debian people:)
> AFAIK MIT can be boundled just nicly with GPL:)
>
> Anyhow I think some clear guidelines on which code and license can get
> into the disribution should be written it might solve those arguments in
> the future?:)

The problem is that we have inconsistent licensing; the way forward is
to clean this up and put it all under MIT/X11 so we have one constant,
accepted, licence, rather than making it worse by adding more licences.

--
Daniel Stone                                            <daniel at freedesktop.org>
freedesktop.org: powering your desktop                http://www.freedesktop.org