[Xorg] Dynamic mouse accelaration

Alex Deucher agd5f at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 7 05:36:21 PDT 2004

--- Egbert Eich <eich at freedesktop.org> wrote:
> Ely Levy writes:
>  > http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/
>  > is a touchpad drivers which support the feature you wanted
>  > (if I understood right), you can look there for ideas,
>  > (notice that the code is GPL and Xorg people might not be happy
>  > to get it into the tree).
>  > which reminds me, is this driver going to be included in the next
> release
>  > of Xorg?
>
> No, if it is GPL this is unlikely.

Why not just include it along with a copy of the GPL?  Some of the
other code in X has different licenses. IANAL, but can't different
modules with different licenses live together?  Just change the overall
X.org license to say "modules are licensed with their respective
licenses. see source."  the X.org/xfree86 licenses can continue to have
their licneses and new modules can have whatever open source license
they want...

Alex