[Xorg] radeon mobility 9000 M9 + dvi out

justus schwartz justus at gmx.li
Tue Jul 13 07:15:12 PDT 2004

hi!

Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com> writes:

> The improved crtc handling in ati's latest code drop may help in this
> situation.  Also when using a DVI port, I think crtc1actually drives
> the DVI port and crtc2 drives the LCD.  you might want to try:
> Option MonitorLayout "TMDS, LVDS"
> however, I'm not sure the crtc code in cvs can properly handle output
> swaps at the moment.

thank you. trying this i get a very bad picture using dvi in of the monitor and
the normal picture switching to the vga in of the monitor (and nothing on the
lcd). i haven't understood how the code handels cases where there are 3
monitors available (on the dvi, the vga port and the internal lcd) i've seen
only  two structs for reading the monitor data.

> I suspect the mergedfb support in cvs may be somewhat broken.
> Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to test and fix it yet.  this
> also may be related to the reversed crtc mappings I mentioned above.

ok thx. mergedfb is working so far. i am only missing some more options for
the placement of the monitors ;) (eg. fixed position vs scrolling (if this is
possible))

i'll just wait, as far as i understood mergedfb is fairly new...

so long
   -justus

--
int m,o,O=0;float l,I,_;main(){for(;1840-O;putchar((++O>907&&936>O?61-m:o)
["\rX-#!*X'bc)jrs)inG}sufpodt'''trstrM"]^7))for(o=I=l=0;79-(m=O%80)&&_*l+I*