state of testsuite - next question

Nicolas Hüppelshäuser nh at emlix.com
Thu Dec 15 04:43:23 PST 2011

Hi!

Meanwhile I have been able to set up a script to run the xts5 testsuite
(git repository revision sha id
141d7e20c914dc3dcd6fa10cd22c7fab2879a1a9) without the dependencies on
TETware, perl and bash (needed since I am testing on embedded system).

I observe that often the tests Xlib3-XConnectionNumber and
Xlib3-XConnectionNumber_m seem to hang.  Either that, or these are quiet
time-consuming tests (>=5 minutes?).  Same on Xorg built for an arm
architecture as with Xvfb built for x64 linux host.

Another issue I have is a reproducible crash of Xvfb due to
Xlib13-XAllowEvent, step 20.  I call Xvfb this way on the x64 linux host
system (ubuntu 11.10, xvfb package version 2:1.10.4-1ubuntu4.2):

$ Xvfb -screen 0 640x480x24 -screen 1 640x480x8 -extension Composite -ac :1

Can you confirm these observations?
The crash is surely a bug in Xvfb, but what about the
XConnectionNumber-Tests?

Nicolas