Tentatively dropped component: glide(4)

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Thu Oct 20 11:29:05 PDT 2005

On Thursday 20 October 2005 14:03, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> I believe the "voodoo" driver contains all of the support and
> functionality for the same hardware as the "glide" driver did,
> only without the dependency on Glide2.

You used to be able to use Mesa's glide driver with the glide DDX driver to
get accelerated GL.  Has this been tested on the voodoo driver?

> As well, I believe there
> is working Render acceleration support in the "voodoo" driver,
> and Alan has hinted that he may add EXA and DRI support in the
> future at some point.

The Render acceleration in voodoo(4) is disabled, it's using the old XAA
RenderAccel hooks which never get called anymore.  The old hooks did not have
enough information to be conformant anyway.

Not that these are reasons to keep glide(4) around, of course.

- ajax