kdrive and xgl DDXes

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Thu Jun 23 00:37:23 PDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 12:32:35PM -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 June 2005 12:28, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > Why should we do this in a bugfix release?  I thought .x.x releases were
> > meant to be for bug fixes, not features ...
>
> Well we haven't decided on module numbering for post-7.0 at all, have we?

My expectation of a .x.x is that it only adds bugfixes and small,
well-tested things.  I wouldn't expect it to be adding radical new
features; I don't think it's the place for it.

If it didn't make the release, then it didn't make the release.  In a
six-month cycle, not making a release is pretty trivial.  The next one's
only half a year away, and it didn't seem like that long ago that I was
first starting on Debrix, and that was two releases ago, y'know?

'Sides, if we get the whole modular thing right, then people who want it
can just build the individual modle ...