Renaming modules in CVS

Denys Duchier duchier at ps.uni-sb.de
Thu Aug 11 20:30:08 EST 2005

Alan Coopersmith <Alan.Coopersmith at Sun.COM> writes:

> Keith Packard wrote:
>> On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 11:20 -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>>
>>>How do we rename modules in CVS?
>> mv /cvs/xorg/...
>> I don't know of another method that will preserve CVS history.
>
> Won't that break everyones cvs updates or do we care at this point?

I think that all that is needed to fix that is to update the CVS/Repository
files in the checked out tree to point to the new module instead.  For example,
using something like this:

perl -pi -e 's/PanoramiX/Xinerama/' `find PanoramiX -path '*/CVS/Repository' -print`

Cheers,

--
Dr. Denys Duchier - IRI & LIFL - CNRS, Lille, France
+33 (0)6 25 78 25 74    http://www.lifl.fr/~duchier/