Development plan -- time to move forward

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Tue Apr 26 18:14:56 PDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 05:39:37PM -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> There's another messy issue, in that some currently share source files via
> symlinks, for instance:
>  xprop/dsimple.c -> ../xlsfonts/dsimple.c
>  xwd/dsimple.c -> ../xlsfonts/dsimple.c
>  xwininfo/dsimple.c -> ../xlsfonts/dsimple.c

This is also true for large chunks of the XKB code, which is shared
between the client libraries and the server (if only we had some kind of
library system which allowed us to share code -- let's call this
hypothetical system 'shared libraries' ...).  We really need to punt
crap like this to a common shared library.